Re: KDE for the Single-Button Mouse

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 [12:01],
    Eric Pretorious (epretorious@hotmail.com) wrote:

> Hello, All:
>
> I'm discovering that KDE was designed specifically for the 3-button crowd.
> :^(
>
> How can I perform those left- and right-button tasks (like manipulating the
> Kicker desktop panel) on Mac?

Add this to your /etc/sysctl.conf to add emulation for button 2 and 3 to
F10 and F11, if you would like them somewhere else, just use another
keycode.

dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation=1
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode=67    #F10
dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode=87    #F11

After reboot, or use the procps-init.d-script.

/d

--
... david röhr              |      o_
.. unix systems consultant  | o/  /\   Solaris, AIX, HP-UX