Re: potato chrp ISO?

On Monday 09 June 2003 17:11, Jens Kutilek wrote:
> > Von: Krisztian Mark Szentes <office@produktivIT.com>
> > On Friday 06 June 2003 16:24, Jens Kutilek wrote:
> >> You could try the installation instructions I have written on
> >> <http://www.kutilek.de/technik/debian-rs6k>.

> > The kernel http://www.kutilek.de/technik/linux.bin threw the following
> > error:
> >
> > 0 > boot floppy:,\linux.bin root=/dev/sda4 chrpboot starting: loaded
> > at 0x00400000
> > gunzipping (0x00010000 <- 0x00416470:0x004d96ec)...
> > Unexpected Firmware Error:
> > DEFAULT CATCH!, code=fff00700 at   %SRR0: 0083b960   %SRR1: 00083000
> >  ok
>
> No error here for me, but the command line is for booting in graphical
>
> mode. For console, use as you wrote:
> > 0 > boot floppy:,\linux.bin root=/dev/sda4 video=keep console=ttyS0
>
> but I think there's no root FS on sda at this time.
Well, I would have noticed a kernel panic later on... BTW, video=keep does
nothing on an ASCII terminal.

> >  lacked bunzip2 and I had to install it via a floppy disk ...
> I thought bunzip2 was in basedebs.tar!?
no it wasn't (strange to me as well)

> > After the mkofboot -v and reboot the OF did not find the software.
>
> Doesn't mkofboot set the right OF boot device? I can't remember
> changing anything by hand in OF's boot settings.
>
> > Then I told at the OF prompt "boot disk", but after loading it hung
> > and I
> > did not see why, no matter which kernel I used:
> >
> > boot disk: root=/dev/sda4 video=keep chrpboot console=ttyS0  -
> > the "-" is where the "/" startet to rotate and got stuck with code
> > E140
>
> If you don't get the yaboot prompt, I guess something went wrong with
> mkofboot.
Solution: I had to resize the first partition (41 prep boot) to EXACTLY 4
Megabytes. I had 32 Mb because I always used a boot partition which
accomodated several kernel images and I thought is should be at least 4
Mb. Now, what a surprise... :-)

Mark

P.S. Difficulties still pertain, regarding yaboot (see other thread)
--
Krisztian Mark Szentes
produktivIT   -  Open-Source Solution Provider