How to get dmasound Device Driver after install?

Hi again,

I installed Woody on my PowerBook G3 but I forgot to install the dmasound
device driver during the primary installation procedure. So my sound is not
working.
When I try to reinstall the driver with my floppies I get a message that the
installation didn't work.
When I chose the dmasound package in the dselect list to install, it
installs but I still have no sound.

What can I do?

Do I really have to reinstall everything from scratch? I huge effort as I
have compiled the benh10 kernel already.

befu