Re: ibook troubles after dist-upgrade

Jeroen Roovers wrote:
4) XFree strangeness

In my B/W Power Mac G3 there's room for 64 PCI interrupts, and an X tool such as xosview reports about 48 of them. In my dual Pentium 133MHz Hewlett-Packard desktop from 1995 (when PCI 1.x was only just starting to get integrated in high-end mainstream systems) there are some 24 interrupts to be distributed. Intel-based x86-mainboards for the desktop produced from 2002 and onward use more than the formerly usual 16 interrupts as well.

Hm, if that is the case, i wonder why X doesn't start. If fails with
no devices found (using the ati driver)

Probably because it's given the wrong PCI interrupt.

How come? The kernel is still the same... Even though I am not familiar with the ppc architecture, I don't think PCI stuff is in userland (hence influenced by using sid instead of woody)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria