RE: compiling kernel on G4/867 12"

Thanks, but I have pbs putting this into practice.

>For a punt, you could just try commenting out this cp in the Makefile.

What should it comment out exactly, as commenting out the the 3 lines in
/usr/src/Makefile

.PHONY: _modinst_post
_modinst_post: _modinst_post_pcmcia
        if [ -r System.map]; then $(DEPMOD) -ae -F Sytem map $(depmod_opts)
$(KERNELRELEASE); fi

doesn't come to anything as it is required by modules_install. I cannot find a
"cp" otherwise, so i'm a bit lost.

Is it a case of having to install some pcmcia related stuff - prior to doing a
make-kkkg?

Or is it a case of a wrong option in menuconfig? (The .config in
http://cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/ doesn't seem to work from me.
Would there be other .config files available as a strating point?)

Many thanks for your help,

>Remember to get the latest version of yaboot from penguinppc.org for
>this machine.

Yes, got that!

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200303/msg00149.html)

>> I?ve been trying to install Debian on my PowerBook G4/867 12?? for the last
>> few (!) days and so far have failed miserably. So far, I am still booting
(via
>> of) from my OSX partition (where linux.bin is).
>>
>> I?ve got the kernel tree using rsync ?avz
rysnc.penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh
>> /usr/src/benh-kernel
>>
>> I then did make menuconfig, make dep, make clean but the make-kpkp
>> --revision=whatever.1.0 kernel=image ends with
>>
>> mkdir -p pcmcia; \
>> find kernel -path '*/pcmcia/*' -name '*.o' | xargs -i -r ln -sf ../{}
pcmcia
>> if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map -b
>> /usr/src/linux/debian/tmp-image -r 2.4.20-ben10; fi
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/benh-kernel'
>> if [ -x debian/post-install ]; then                                   \
>>         IMAGE_TOP=debian/tmp-image version=2.4.20-ben10
debian/post-install;\