Re: best way to run stable or testing program on ustable system

On 2 Jun 2003, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 12:05, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I run my system as unstable, but in certain situations (i.e. recent
> > Evolution Segfault oo Mozilla problem) I'd like downgrade certain
> > programs back to testing or stable - until the problem is resolved. I know
> > that it is possible so could anyone point me to a document about it or
> > show me their way to do it?
>
> I select the version I want in the aptitude UI or use
>
> aptitude install package/release

do I have to have any references to stable or testing in my apt-sources?

I'm getting this error:

E: Release 'testing' for 'aptitude' was not found
W: An error occurred trying to use the 'install' command.

another question on the side is there any problem with aptitude at the
moment?
It apears to be broken on my:

  aptitude: Depends: libapt-pkg-libc6.2-3-2-3.2 but it is not installable
            Depends: libsigc++0 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages