Re: Acard AEC6280 / ATP-865

Thanks for all the info.

I've reluctantly moved the hdd to the primary onboard IDE controller
of my B/W G3 (the original edition, the one with the very buggy CMD
controller), and installation worked like a charm from then on. I
still want to move the hdd back to the faster AEC controller, but
getting all kinds of software to work properly on this system is
currently more important than getting the speed up a bit. Anyway, it
is already fast enough for now. I'll probably get around to setting
up a new kernel sooner or later.

   Jeroen

PS: What is it with these buggy IDE controllers from CMD (now Silicon
Image)? I have an ancient Dual Pentium 133 with a bad CMD640, and now
a not so ancient Mac G3 B/W with a buggy CMD646, both built in! I
also use a CMD649 on a more recent system, by the way, on a PCI add-
on card, running faultlessly.