Re: Resizing partitions- need more space for linux

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Michael Heironimus wrote:

> On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 03:45:15PM +0100, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:
> > > I'm assuming you don't want to lose what's on your Mac partition. The
> > > easiest way is to use a commercial MacOS partitioning program which
> > > supports partition resizing.
> > Yes, can you remember any names? I presume Mac utility from CD won't cut
> > it?
>
> I think FWB's Hard Disk Toolkit can do this. I don't know if the
> "personal" edition can do it or only the full version, though.

I've looked into this a bit since I find Powerquest Partitionmagic
so useful on my PC.  FWB harddisk toolkit requires its drivers be
installed first before any resizing operations can be done and it
does not support any linux file systems like ext2/3.  I'm writing
this from memory though.  Best check their web site.  The web site
is a little short on details AFAIK.