Re: yaboot

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:20:01AM -0500, emorfin@caracol.red.cinvestav.mx wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a tibook, so i don't have any floppy drive.
> If i reinstall osX, i need to run ybin to recover the boot control?
>
> but how can i acces linux to run ybin?

If you don't get a boot menu, because your bootstrap partition comes
after the OSX partition, you can still boot linux from Open Firmware
by placing the kernel and yaboot files on an HFS partition, or loading
those files from an installation CD.

The installation manual has details for booting the installer using
these methods. If you know which partition your existing root is on,
you can boot it by following the installer instructions but specifying
root=/dev/hdxx in the applicable yaboot.conf or at the boot: prompt.

You can also run ybin in the installer, it's the Make Hard Disk
Bootable menu item.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People