[OT] mplayer

I've rebuilt mplayer from sources on a powerbook 15" 1GHz with 1Gb RAM
(obviously a Debian box :-)

I'm unable to see "decently" DVD, I get the usual message "your system
is too slow".

I'm using Danzer's xserver with DRI enabled, latest Benh kernel and I've
tried various sound output (esd and oss, the latter seems to be a bit
better for performances). I've not played with video output but I guess
that the default is xv. For CSS I'm using libdvdcss found on this
APT repository:

  deb http://files.hadess.net/ /debian/

Is this a normal behaviour on this hardware[1]?

I hope not, so probably I'm missing something in building mplayer, does
someone have a good ./configure command for this kind of laptop?

TIA,
Cheers.

[1] BTW xine seems to behave exactly the same :-(

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/