Re: Anyone using gnu gcj and SWT on PPC Linux

hi kevin!

yes. i use eclipse under ppc. it works pretty well actually.
the only really annoying bug is that in the 2.1 release icons
are displayed really weird..

i compiled eclipse and swt on ppc..

i found a little howto about it awhile ago..

--
_Compilation of libswt-gtk-xxxx.so and libswt-pi-gtk-xxxx.so :

cd /usr/src/eclipse
cd plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk
ant -buildfile build.xml ws/gtk/swtsrc.zip
ant -buildfile build.xml ws/gtk/swt-pisrc.zip

cd ws/gtk
unzip swtsrc.zip
unzip swt-pisrc.zip

Edit make_gtk.mak :

IVE_HOME = /usr/local/jdk

JAVA_JNI = $(IVE_HOME)/include

GTKLIBS = `pkg-config --libs $(GTKTARGET)`

Compile :

sh build.sh

Install :

mv *.so /usr/src/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk/os/linux/x86/

_Compilation of the launcher :

cd /usr/src/eclipse/plugins/platform-launcher/library/gtk

csh build.csh

copy the eclipse binary into the eclipse root

--

i hope this works for you. it could be that the details
are a bit different. cant think of it offhand right now..

let me know if it works for you..

ciao!
florian