Re: can't play DVDs after enabling ide-scsi control of the device

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:38:41AM -0500, Mark Barr wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I added the "append hdb=ide-scsi" line to my yaboot to route all hdb stuff
> to the ide-scsi, and have set the module up to be loaded at startup. This
> enables me to use the cd burner on my iBook2.2
>
> However, now mplayer doesn't know where to look to use when playing dvds.
> Mplayer does allow the user to specify the device for dvd playback (it use
> to default to /dev/dvd, which in turn pointed to /dev/cdrom), but so far
> trying /dev/hdb doesn't work.

Have you tried /dev/scd0 ?

You might need to create sg devices (cd /dev ; sh MAKEDEV sg) and insert the
sg module (modprobe sg). Try creating the scd devices as well.

I say NO to WAR. Not with my silence. Not with my blessing. Say NO now

Jesus Climent | Unix SysAdm | Helsinki, Finland | pumuki.hispalinux.es
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69
 Registered Linux user #66350 proudly using Debian Sid & Linux 2.4.20

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
		--Lycon (Minority Report)