Re: debian installer not finding my hard disk on ibook

On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 02:13:20PM +0100, Julius Ross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install debian woody on an ibook but the installer does
> not find my hard disk.
>
> I have tried installation from a cd and a network install (following
> <http://people.debian.org/~branden/ibook.html>) and am having the same
> problem with both.

I seem to remember some obscure boot-floppies bug where, if you booted
the installer with a CD in the drive, it couldn't see the hard disk.
Did you try booting without a CD in the drive (from files placed
on a current hd partition)?

If you get it booted that way, you should then be able to put the CD
in and finish the install.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman