Re: nvsetenv

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 05:14:36PM +0200, David Campillos wrote:
> boot-device    	scsi/sd@1:0
> boot-file    	/boot/vmlinux-2.2.19-pmac   // I think it is the correct
> name
> diag-service    	fd:diags
> diag-file
> input-device    	kbd
> output-device    	/bandit@F4000000/ATY,mach64@D
> oem-banner
> oem-logo
> nvramrc
> boot-command    	boot
>
> The problem is that with this parameters the computer does not start.
> The screen does not output any boot message, and a display says 'no
> signal input or cable disconnected'.
>
> Where is the problem? Any idea?

With a bit of bluff i would say the kernel doesn't init your mach64
board..have you tried some boot parameters like video=atyfb ? check the
documentation for correct parameters as i never had that board myself..

Also..after cca. 180 sec after the OF loads the kernel, does the box
resets ?

Also try with serial console as system console, if u have some other box
with serial port..might help to see where the fun stops.

--

  Boris