Re: Just some unimportant stuff

[oops: forgot to Cc: to the list!]
On 8 Apr 2003, Grzesiek Sedek wrote:

> I just had funny thing happening when my trackpad become dead for an
> hour or so, rebooting to OSX and back few times and removing battery
> didn't sort it out too.

I presume the mouse was working fine in Mac OS X?

> (btw, external usb mouse worked ok) Magically after some time it came
> back! Anyone seen that?

I've had problems[0][1] with my trackpad in Linux that could be related to
overheating, but which didn't show up in OS X, suggesting that something
fishy was going on that maybe OS X wasn't susceptible to, but that Linux
2.4.20 was.

That has just given me an idea:  next time the problem occurs, you (and I)
could try rebooting with a different Linux kernel -- maybe the 2.4.18
debian one?

Anyway -- you may have a completely different problem to me, so I won't
elaborate too much :)

Ed

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200301/msg00681.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/debian-powerpc-200303/msg00009.html