Re: would this break my debian installation?

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 09:17, florian wrote:
> why did you use the mac os x disk utility though? i mean, basically
> you should be able to just choose a partition from within the normal
> os x installer.. no?

I did try making an HFS partition at the back of the drive (along with
the necessary bootstrap partition at the front), and OS X installer did
not find any partitions in which it could install itself.  So, I then
tried leaving the space at the back of the drive unpartitioned,
intending to use the OS X disk utility (in the installer) to make an
HFS+ data partition.  It did that, but it killed the Linux partitions in
the front of the drive, too.

> also: did you run mol as root? i wonder how it can kill your linux
> partition, when you dont..

Yes I did run mol as root.  I don't know how to run mol as non-root or
as non-suid.