No frames around windows

Hi List

I am a newbie to Debian and PPC.

I installed Debian on my tibook G4. It boots fine, my browser works, internet works, etc.
I followed following installation instructions:
http://www.cattlegrid.net/~christophe/titanium/
I also got the newest 'benh-kernel'

My problems:
1. I do not have any frames around my browser windows, terminal windows, etc.
2. Also my 'multiple desktop function' is not working in the right bottom corner, therefore I can not use the most beautiful linuxfeature of 'switching desktops'.
3. When I open several windows they just open over each other. I can not close them with one click in the top right corner.

I am using the 'unstable' debs. I got gnome-core, metacity, etc installed.

thanks for any hints and help.

Zeno