Re: 2.4.20-ben10 on Powerbook 12": nvidia progress, console buggy

* Orion Buckminster Montoya wrote:

> I'll try to find out on my own why this is, but now the console has
> problems: it boots up into what looks like 800x600 or possibly even
> 640x480 (80x24 characters)

I can approve this. According to "dmesg" it's 80x30

<snip>
rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0179
rivafb: could not retrieve EDID from OF
rivafb: On a laptop.  Assuming Digital Flat Panel
rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 1 being used
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 80x30
rivafb: PCI nVidia NV20 framebuffer ver 0.9.4b (GeForce4-440-GO-M64,
32MB @ 0x94000000)
</snip>

> centered on the screen, and it can't really
> handle text properly -- certainly not ncurses applications, but even
> "reset" and "clear" and ^L don't clean it up, so it's unusable.

That's right too.

> But I'm happy to be able to quit X, now.

ACK. Thanks for the good work.

Greets

--
Matthias Schmidt