Re: ibook 1904 clock problem: hwclock and base-config hang

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 01:30:55PM -0600, Jon Michaelchuck wrote:
> Hi,
> I apparently somehow reset my ibooks clock, perhaps my battery drained,
> and now my clock is reset to 1904. I attempted to run base-config to fix
> this but it simply hangs.  I also tried to run hwclock with --set
> --date"foo" options but that also hangs..

I use

date MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]

to set the syste date and time and then

hwclock --systohc

to move that to NVRAM.

(Or you can just set it in MacOS).

Usually, getting the 1904 date is a sign of a battery on its
way out.

--
http://Www.TruthAboutWar.org

Chris Tillman