Re: fbset on woody

> Does fbset work properly with woody on a starmax 3000? I have just
> put debian onto this machine and after configuring the xserver
during
> installation (800 x 600 with 16 bit colour) got horrible colours
when the
> desktop environment started (it looked like it may 16 colours - ie
not
> a bit depth of 16, but 16 actual colours).

Did you try setting this to depth 15 ? ; depth 16 also gives me
horrible colors, but 15 looks fine. Maybe then you won't have to
switch -- besides, i'm not sure that fbset controls X display (I
*think* it depends on the driver and/or options)

Simon
--
Simon Vallet
Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon