Re: No X Windows on PowerBook G3 Help!

> On Mit, 2003-04-02 at 05:05, befu wrote:
>>
>> 3.) With this new kernel I can't see any cursor on my black text screen. How
>> do I get my cursor back? It is annoying to guess where the cursor could be
>> and input text on the command line or in pico.
>
> Does disabling acceleration with fbset -accel false work around this
> problem?

If you mean to insert "fbset -accel" "false" into the Section "Device" in
the XF86Config-4 file like:
Section "Device"
    Identifier    "Generic Video Card"
    Driver        "ati"
    BusID        "PCI:0:17:0"
    Option        "UseFBDev"        "true"
    Option        "fbset -accel"      "false"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier    "Generic Monitor"
    HorizSync    31.5-48.5

..., I have to say that I have no missing cursor in the x-window-system,
only on the basic Debian black and white screen. This is the screen that
appears after booting and logging in as a user but before running startx.
Only on this screen the cursor is missing, and not sporadically but always.

But may be you mean I have to disable acceleration elsewhere. Please tell me
where. On the command line it didn't work.

My other question about the PCMCIA setup I will try to answer here, if I'm
wrong please correct me:

I think I only need the pcmcia-cs-3.2.4.tar.gz package and compile it into
the kernel. As the kernel source of the benh_kernel folder has all of the
needed modules, I don't need any additional pcmcia-modules package.
So the compiling of the pcmcia-cs will do.

Tanks
befu