Re: No X Windows on PowerBook G3 Help!

Hello again,

In the meantime I downloaded and compiled the kernel 2.4.20-ben9 with the
original .config just adding a few necessary modules I needed for my
PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) and got it to work nicely:

1.) The new speed of the system is amazing!

2.) With this kernel I can finally run the ati driver instead of the fbdev
driver (which was the only driver able to run on kernel 2.4.18).
I just get some 3-5 seconds of "erupting colourful clouds" on my screen when
starting the kde environment with startx just before the light grey screen
appears. These "clouds" I also recognise when I boot into MacOS X. But here
only for a duration of half a second. Are these "clouds" a sign for any
destructive possibility?

3.) With this new kernel I can't see any cursor on my black text screen. How
do I get my cursor back? It is annoying to guess where the cursor could be
and input text on the command line or in pico.

4.) At the moment I try to get the PCMCIA slots to work. I downloaded the
pcmcia-cs-3.2.4.tar.gz package from sourceforge.net and am going to compile
it into the modules. Do I also need the pcmcia-modules package for that
purpose or can I do without?

TIA
befu