Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

This one time, at band camp, Brett Carter wrote:

>> As you can tell from the versions though, I haven't come around to
>> updating the woody packages in a while. It's possible that something in
>> the current packages for sid makes a difference. Would be great if
>> someone could verify that.
>
>Ok, I'm verifying that the sid packages don't work for me either.
>xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk
>Version: 2003.03.11-1
>
>drm-trunk-module-2.4.20-ben8
>Version: 2003.03.11-1+lucy+22+lowlat+sleep
>
>If I disable dri, I can sleep just fine, otherwise, the screen never comes
>back on.

Yep, same here.  I downgraded from Daniel Stones' XFree86 4.3 packages last
night to the official packages + Michel Daenzer's drm-trunk stuff, mainly so
that DRI works again.

TiBook IV, Radeon M9.  Commenting out Load "dri" and the Section "DRI" from
XF86Config-4 sleeps and wakes up, with DRI enabled the screen doesn't come
back on.  I do not know if it has woken up, though.

I still notice the behaviour that I can only sleep when in X once, the
second wakeup never succeeds.  I can reproduce this without fail.  It
doesn't happen in console mode -- unless I have gone into X and exited, in
which case it won't wake up if it has slept once already.

ii  xserver-xfree8 2003.03.11-1   The XFree86 X server [DRI trunk]
ii  drm-trunk-modu 2003.03.11-1+w DRI CVS trunk DRM modules
ii  drm-trunk-modu 2003.03.11-1   Source for the DRI CVS trunk DRM modules
ii  xlibmesa-gl1-d 2003.03.11-1   Mesa 3D graphics library [DRI trunk]

--
jaq@debian.org                               http://people.debian.org/~jaq