Re: New sleep code for ATI M6, M7 and M9

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:18:16PM +0100, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> fblevel 15 is far too high. Copy /etc/power/pwrctl to
> /etc/power/pwrctl-local, then remove every action in -local (just keep
> the structure of the file) and insert your commands as you
> wish. -local is called with the same arguments than /etc/power/pwrctl,
> at the end of it.

15 is too high? What is the default setting under Mac OS X when not
under battery? Is the energy saving significant when using 12 instead of
15?

> If you just want to do what you say, just grab the event (first
> argument I think) which is either sleep or wakeup (or some others but
> you are not interested in them).

I did that and it works perfectly, I will soon update my page to reflect
the recent significant improvement.

> BTW, with latest DRI (or kernel), you do not need to restore the
> display.

Yes. I am back to 15 without calling back fblevel ;-)

Christophe

An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.
-- Albert Einstein