did i destroy kde? newbie

Hi,
finaly i got it all debian and the XServer working (i was the one searching for the ~).
now i somehow destroyed kde, i tried to upgrade it via apt-get from
http://download.us.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/latest/Debian/ woody main
and
http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
this told me some unmet dependencies or something, which i stupidy ignored trying to install the libs and other stuff one by one with apt.
Well, don't know what else i did, but now i did completly lost kde.
Can anyone tell me how to reinstall it (i do have all the CDs if that helps) and if possible how to upgrade it without destroying something (keep in mind that i don't have no idea about what i'm doing ;). Although i would like to upgrade GNOME and have no idea about how to, too.
Still looking for a DUMMY-Guide for debian...

Cheers
benjamin