recording with alsa on tibook

Hello,
	I could have sworn that sometime ago I read in this mailinglist that
the microphone works with alsa on a tibook. Several times I searched the
archives, and the web in general, but could not find it again.  Was I
just fantasizing?

Here's what /proc/cpuinfo says:

motherboard     : PowerBook3,4 MacRISC2 MacRISC Power Macintosh
detected as     : 73 (PowerBook Titanium III)

and I'm using the benh kernals. At the moment 2.4.20-ben8 and
alsa 0.9.0rc8d.

Actually looking at /proc/asound/ I don't see anything to capture with
just playback. Is recording possible at all?

Thanks

digger