Re: emagic emi 6|2m USB audio/midi interface

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:53:47 +0100
Raphaël Haberer-Proust <raph@gmx.fr> wrote:

> I am thinking about to buy the "emagic emi 6|2m" in order to do some
> amateur music production. As I really would like to principally use
> linux for that, I would like to know if anybody has experiences with
> that interface. I was very amazed to find something about the earlier
> model "emi 2|6" in the kernel:

You should probably be using the alsa sound drivers. The best place to
ask about compatibility is the alsa-user list. alsa info here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/

When you are getting your linux audio system set up, best to ask
questions on linux-audio-user. info here:

http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribelau.php3

By the way, i'm running a pretty decent linux audio setup on a tibook I.
I don't have that interface though.

cheers

matthew