Xmodmap for german Keyboard - where are the braces?

Hi,

This is an iBook with german locales. Console keymap is not mapped as the keys are
labeled on the keyboard, but I can enter every char.
I was researching now for half an hour to find braces like "[] {}" and "@|€..." on the X keyboard layout.
I played with xkeycaps using an the german pc layout (105keys).
I tried to reassign the altgr key to several keysyms (alt_l/r,mode_switch,...).
And tried several meta key combinations but nothing.

For writing e-mail adresses in web forms it is ok to paste a @ into the browser
field, but for programming c source code it is not funny anymore.

TIA

olliwolli