Re: How to desactivate the click on the touchpad?

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:08:45PM +0100, David MENTRE wrote:
> Hello,

Hello David,

> On my iBook running Debian under Xfree, is there a way to desactivate
> clicks made by pressing the touchpad (in other words, I want to click
> only using the button)?

I use this on my ibook 600MHz with an USB mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        # touchpad and USB:
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"

        # touchpad only:
        #Option         "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse1"

        # USB mouse only:
        #Option         "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse2"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
EndSection

Using the USB mouse only is very nice, until the day you boot up your
ibook without the USB mouse attached: your X won't start... (no core
pointer)...

Hope this helps

--
Wouter Eerdekens