RE: Powerbook G4 12" and Debian

I'm also trying to get my G4 12" working so I can offer a little
help with yaboot. Have a good look at:

http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/doc/yaboot-howto.shtml/

which pretty much tells you everything you need to know. There's
actually more information in the man pages and the default
/etc/yaboot.conf file.

Here's my current yaboot.conf if it helps, maybe someone will
point out any mistakes :o)

default=Debian
macosx=hd:14
defaultos=macosx
boot=/dev/hdc9
device=hd:
partition=10
delay=10
timeout=50
install=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/local/lib/yaboot/ofboot
ofboot=hd:9

image=/vmlinux-pbg412.bin
	label=Debian
	root=/dev/hdc11
	read-only

Where:
o hd:9 is my bootstrap partition
o hd:10 is my /boot partition
o hd:11 is my / partition
o hd:14 is my Mac OS X partition

The first 1 to 8 partitions seem to be taken up by all sorts
of Apple Macintosh rubbish.

You need to run mkofboot to correctly format the bootstrap
partition and then ybin to install the yaboot loader etc.

I got the tools by just downloading the source and building it
http://penguinppc.org/projects/yaboot/yaboot-1.3.10.tar.gz

Btw if you get X working let me know how... as I don't have
the time at the moment to figure it out...

Jim