Re: Testing Sarge on IBM pSeries systems

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 08:01:10PM +1100, Anton Blanchard wrote:

> Hi Rolf,
>
> > How can I help out testing Sarge on IBM pSeries systems ( I have access to
> > a lab full of these systems )?
>
> Eventually Id like to see a debian CD that boots on pSeries boxes. I
> built a woody one recently but I run into problems during the install.
> Im not adventurous enough to rebuild the debian installer initrd and
> the kernel I tacked it onto didnt match - it got upset when it got to
> installing kernel/modules I think.
>
> Is anyone playing with the new installer on ppc? Is it worth trying yet?

I built it a while back, and posted a report (for powermac).
It doesn't have a Mac partitioner yet, but you can set it up
in a chroot using make demo, and skip the partitioning step.

Be sure to post any results to debian-boot, not here. To get
the source:

http://cvs.debian.org/debian-installer/README

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003