Re: rsync vs BK kernel trees

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 11:08:21PM +1100, Andrew Nesbit wrote:
> One of the pages at ppckernel.org says that the BenH and BK trees are
> slightly different and maintained by different people: BenH doing one tree
> and Cort Dougan doing the BK tree. Surely this is outdated information?
>
> Also, what is the difference between the PPC kernel trees, linuxppc_2_5,
> linuxppc_2_4, linuxppc_2_4_devel and linuxppc_2_4_benh? Which ones does
> Ben maintain, and who maintains the others? Is thelinuxppc_2_4_benh tree
> different depending on whether it's obtained by rsync, vs BK?

linuxppc_2_5 is, obviously, Linus's 2.5 tree plus PowerPC-related
additions (which will eventually be merged into 2.5 mainline).
linuxppc_2_4 is the stable PowerPC specific 2.4 tree (all, or the
majority, of which has been merged into Marcelo's 2.4 tree, I think).
linuxppc_2_4_devel is where any remaining 2.4-specific development by
Cort is going on, and linuxppc_2_4_benh is Ben's tree (where the really
experimental stuff is). The rsync is just a regular snapshot of the
BitKeeper tree.

--
Derrik Pates
dpates@dsdk12.net