Re: ibook HD upgrade

On  17 Jan, this message from Claas Langbehn echoed through cyberspace:
>> I have the Fujitsu MHR2040AT (installed myself in my TiBook). It is
>> relatively silent (no high frequency noise...), but it made lour
>
> It was exactly that drive. For the reason of the noise, I would
> NOT recommend it for an iBook. But maybe it is different with
> TiBooks. I think the main problem is that the iBook has got
> ventilation slots for the harddisk. Through there the noise
> comes to your ear. If you close them it is quite,

The TiBook case is closed indeed. But yes, when you're in a quiet room,
the noise does seem loud.

> but the harddisk
> will get too hot. And the MHR2040AT was a lot hotter than my
> previous harddisks (Toshiba GAP.... / IBM DJSA-210).

In the TiBook it is mounted below the trackpad, and I didn't notice any
more heat than before (Toshiba disk).

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |