Re: Debian on PowerBook G4 Titanium 15-inch 1 GHz w/SuperDrive

Etienne M. Gagnon wrote:

Yes, it's a nice machine ;-) and I got it specifically to install
Debian on it, which I did, but I now need some help getting a few
things to work (e.g. X, AirPort, ...).  I would definitely appreciate

Look at http://users.linpro.no/janl/tibook.html. Mine started out as a Yellow Dog machine but I think you will find all you need in suficient detail:

- Compile a new kernel
- Now airport just works
- Compile X from CVS to get X to work.

First, the keyboard.  I'm used to the x86 terminology, so I've got to
learn about this new (to me) kind of keyboard.  Where is the "Del"

There is no delete key. Macintosh does not use alt-ctrl-del. On my page i show a way to assign Delete to Option-Backspace in X, in some X applications you need a Delete key.

Also, the AirPort card works pretty nicely under Mac OS X.  But, I
would definitely want to use it under Debian.  How do I connect to an
"128bit encrypted" "private" network (e.g. Airport base station)?
I've loaded the "airport" kernel module with modconf, but I do not
know how to set up the network connection.

"iwconfig2 configures the wireless things like encryption, ESSID if you want that locked etc.

Nicolai