Re: powerbase240 won't boot, install problems

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 06:52:56AM -0700, Marvin Germain wrote:

> and then go black.  I believe there is a 2.4 kernel on the Debian CD.  Maybe

Yes, the new-powermac folder contains a 2.4 kernel. To install
successfully (so the modules match the kernel), use the root.bin
from the same folder. That kernel doesn't fit on a floppy, but
(I haven't tried this, but it should work) you should be able to
use the regular hfs-boot-floppy with the new-powermac root.bin.
Or use BootX to install.

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003