Re: X on ibook2 ?

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 02:58:05AM +0000, Paul Reilly wrote:

> I've just installed Debian 3.0r1 on my dual USB white
> iBook (500/10/CD) but I can't get X to start !
>
> I have done a apt-get to the latest dri-trunk version of XFree86
> but the error I am getting is that:
>
> (EE) No devices detected.
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>
> (see full transcript below).
>
> Is there a HOWTO on how to set it up somewhere?
> Thanks
> Paul

You didn't post your XF86Config-4, but from the error in the log
I'm guessing maybe you didn't specify a BusID in the Device section.

Try

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

I think it will cover this. You can switch to another console
to see the results of lspci when it asks for the BusID.

-- Lawrence Bernstein, Discover, Feb 2003