Re: Need of a Kernel

Le dimanche 12 janvier vers 20:28 Kevin Smith écrivît :

Hi Kevin,

> Does anyone have a compressed or non-compressed compiled Kernel for a
> OldWorld PowerPC? I have a G3/300Mhz Mac and cannot boot it using BootX
> 1.2.2 until I can get hold of a Kernel.

I do not understand your problem very well, are you looking for a
precompiled kernel or for some information on whether BootX can use
compressed kernel images or not?

 1- a kernel
Yes, 2.4.18 on oldworld G3. Do you want the .config file? You can also look
for binary/sources at your local mirror of <ftp.debian.org> or
<www.ppckernel.org>.

 2- BootX
  Mmmm, I'm not sure you can use a compressed kernel with BootX, I wouldn't
bet on that (I've never tried, I've always done "make vmlinux").
  But you should gzip the image before copying it to a MacOS partition, and
then unzip it on the Mac side (of the moon :o)); this could prevent some
writing errors on hfs partitions.

   \bye
      S.

--
Not only Guinness - Linux is good for you, too.
        -- Banzai on IRC