Getting a Performa 6360 to boot off of Debian

(I hope this is the right list to post this on.  If it's not, please
tell me)
I have just finished installing Debian, and I tried to make it
bootable.  I then restarted the machine, and Open Firmware popped up
saying 'CLAIM failed'  I looked in the documentation, and it said that
my 6360 can't boot with an internal video card.  I have neither a
serial console or an external card.  Is there an alternative, such as
using my G4 tower as a serial console, and if nothing else, where I can
find such a serial console.  Thanks a bunch,
Steven Schlansker

=====