PCMCIA on PB G3

Hello all,

I recently purchased a Lucent Silver wireless card. I have managed to get it up and running using the PCMCIA package. This system uses /etc/init.d/pcmcia and a config file in /etc/pcmcia . I am also aware that you can config the kernel to do the same and 'insmod' the respective modules.

My question is which is better/more effcient, because recently the PCMCIA utils will throw werid errors. Such as 'cs: unable to map memory' and I have had one freeze (kernel panic?).

Thoughts, suggestions?

--scott

Running:
Debian Woody 3.0