Re: G4 mouse button problem

On Wednesday, Jan 1, 2003, at 16:56 US/Pacific, J Q Private wrote:

2. The mouse button "clicks" even when I don't touch
it sometimes. Twice, for instance, during the drafting
of this email. Sometimes I move the pointer from one
place to the next and it will select (click on) a menu
item or link I cross.

By default, "tap to click" is enabled for the trackpad. This can easily drive you crazy if you are not aware of it. To disable "tap to click" as well as control other trackpad functions, use /sbin/trackpad which is installed by the powerpc-utils package.

            Wilhelm Fitzpatrick  |  When we speak of free
         http://www.3roses.com/  |  software we are referring
                     aim:R4F14L  |  to freedom not price.