Other Linux compatible Mini PCI 802.11g (Was: Re: 17 inch powerbook 1.33Ghz problems)

Okay - so we're SOL if we go with Apple's 802.11g solution as far as
Linux support goes, as Broadcom does not want their driver specs "out
in the wild"

But what about other mini-PCI cards ?  Googling for "mini PCI 802.11g"
gave the company "Netgate" as the 2nd or 3rd option.  And on this page:

    http://www.netgate.com/3054AriesMP.html

the card is listed as being supported by one of the Linux WIFI drivers
(and heck, even a BSD driver).  My question is, besides twiddling with
the driver to get it to work under PPC, what would be needed to get a
card like this working in an iBook G4, or any other laptop with a mini
PCI slot ?

cheers
--
Vinai

To get my real e-mail address, replace "4" with "for" in the above address