Re: Bluetooth mouse

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 the mental interface of
Vincent Bernat told:

> OoO En  cette matinée ensoleillée du dimanche  28  décembre 2003, vers
> 09:03, Elimar Riesebieter <riesebie@lxtec.de> disait:
>
> >> does someone know how to get the Apple blutooth mouse to work with
> >> linux 2.6.0?
>
> > Are the buez-tools working with 2.6.0?
>
> I  am using them  with a  Bluetooth dongle  without  any problem but I
> don't have a bluetooth mouse.
I`ve
download the deb sources,
updated bluez-libs to 2.5 and bluez-utils to 2.4,
and patched the kernel with
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/kernel/patch-2.6.0-mh1.gz.

I didn't found a bluez module so I change bluez to bluetooth in
/etc/modutils/bluez.

After restarting the hid daemon there is no device hci0. create_dev
fom Marcel Holtmann didn't help. Anyway the devices rfcomm* and vhci
where still there. Following modules where loaded fom the hid and
sdp daemons:
$ /sbin/lsmod | head -4
Module                  Size  Used by
rfcomm                 34200  0
l2cap                  25028  5 rfcomm
bluetooth              54912  6 rfcomm,l2cap

$ hcitool inq
Inquiry failed.: No such device
Inquiring ...

ls-pci -vv doesn't list me a something like bluetooth controller but
unknown devices. Maybe the kernel does not recognize the responsible
controller?

$ lspci | grep -i unknown
00:10.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4e50
01:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 0035
01:17.0 Class ff00: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 003e
01:18.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 003f
01:19.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 003f
01:1a.0 USB Controller: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 003f
06:0b.0 Host bridge: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 0036
06:0d.0 Class ff00: Apple Computer Inc.: Unknown device 003b

Thanks for hints

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Numeric stability is probably not all that
  important when you're guessing;-)