display backlight problems on iBook G4 12" (radeon 9200): radeonfb issue ?

Hello all,
I've setup sid with 2.4.23-benh kernel
(rsync-ed dec, 20th) on my iBook G4 12" (radeon 9200).

Now I'm facing this situation: when I boot the
system, slighty after the openfirmware messages,
my display darkens (like when you try to lower the
brightness in macosX with F1 after the indicator reaches its minimun),
and I'm not able to see anything useful.

Even gdm, that starts rightly (I'm using XFree86 from CVS),
has the same problem (too dark); I'm able to see something
only switching between vt7 (X) and vt1, for example (and viceversa): doing this I've the display backlight correct for a moment, after
this it become brightless again.

If I exclude radeonfb from boot with option video=ofonly
(or something similar), I'm able to see the console right
(but in this case I've not a XF86Config-4 working), so I
suppose it's a question of radeonfb support in the kernel
or perhaps a openfirmware setting that conflicts.

My question: if there is a soul having my same HW that has
successfully doing my setup and wants to share his .config
or some openfirware guru that has some clue about this.

Any help wll be highly appreciated.
Best Regards

/gp