snd-usb-audio, 2.6 and kernel panic

Hello !

I have bought some USB sound card (Sound Blaster MP3+) and while this
is working fine with usbaudio from the kernel OSS, I get some kernel
panic with ALSA after some use (a matter of minutes).

I'd like to report this to ALSA guys but the output of the internal
debugguer (from test11-ben1) is a bit short. In fact, I am dump in the
debugguer and I don't even know it is really a kernel panic. If I use
"x", the iBook just goes down (so I don't suppose this is just a
oops). A "bt" gives me a suit of addresses, but no text except for one
line which is about an error 501 (damn, I don't remember well, I
should have noted down this one) and interrupts.

How should I debug this in order to get a useful output ?
--
Make it right before you make it faster.
            - The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)