Re: debian on ibook g4??

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:40:00 +0100
fabrizio messina <fabrizio.messina@ct.infn.it> wrote:

> > I think it isn't a matter of speed. It is a matter of freedom and
> > usability. It is up to you to select the OS you like.
>
> agreed!  :-) Mac Os is a unix-like system based on darwin kernel
> (similar to BSD..) ok..but i  would like to work with large variety of
> opensource software that is available for Linux (freedom..yes) ,
> and... i think that linux  is more efficient to develop java
> application: Sun directly release Jvm for Linux, but not  for Mac
> Os...and so..freedom and usability...but also perfomance..i think it

Not at all. A friend made a java pacman and when the game is built, 3
loops and some calculations, it's truely slow on linux but it's ok on
macosX and Windows :-(

It's _exactly_ the same JVM on MacOSX and on linux: IBM j2sdk1.4.

I can give more informations about that later this week if you want.

Best regards,

--
  .''`. Arnaud Vandyck
 : :' : http://people.debian.org/~avdyk/