Re: current mozilla or phoenix debs for PPC?

On Fri, Nov 28, 2003 at 04:55:58PM +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2003, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> writes:
> > > Even if we did manage to find a good subset of packages which would be
> > > 'useful' for our users, I'm sure there will be questions of disappointed
> > > users inquiring why packages foo and bar are not available.
> >

> What about:
>
>     Sorry, this package is not (yet) available for your architecture.
>     If you really want it now, you can build it from sources. This may consume
>     quite a lot resources (<guestimate> about time, diskspace, download size,
>     ...).
>     Do you want to do this (y/N)?
>
> and continue with auto-apt-get-source-debuild...

And the next step, is we take advantage of our large network of user
computers. When the above happens, we copy the completed package to
the archive ... and end up doing all our packages this way.

OK, well, it's probably not really practical ... but there's an awful
lot of spare computer power hanging around out there, and if it was
easy to safely tap into, we could accomplish some great things when
people aren't using their machines, ala SETI.

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
  By the People, For the People