Re: gnome still not working properly on powerpc/testing

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 02:48:18PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> > > Maybe I should try to install gnome 2.4 from unstable but I don't
> > > really want to do that yet.
> >
> > I recommend it.  However, it looks like Gnome 2.4 components have
> > started trickling down to testing, so, who knows, maybe we'll have the
> > full 2.4 in Sarge before the big Debian 3.1 release.
>
> That looks likely, yes. There are a number of things we need to update
> that now require it.

Such as?

Btw, has anyone tried upgrading from Gnome 1.4.1 (Woody) to Gnome 2.4.1 (Sarge)?
I recall that upgrading to Gnome 2.0 went mostly well, but it would be advisable
to test how well an upgrade to 2.4 would work and to write proper documentation,
to prevent user frustration the day Sarge is released.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/