Re: Cups and Epson 700 on serial

On Monday 17 November 2003 21:33, Christian Leimer wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think you must set up the serial port of your printer.
> Try these commands in a terminal as root:
> stty 230400 raw -echo cstopb </dev/ttyS1
> stty ixon ixoff </dev/ttyS1
> S1 or S0  are the ports to one of them your printer is connected.
> Try cups.
> If it works put a file named local in /etc/init.d/ and update your system
> with rcconfig.
>
> Hope this helps. Suse has a support database where you can find more if
> you need.

Aha!  Precisely.  Now to go make it configure at boot. :^)  And Stewart, you
can add to your page that this still works with current systems, cups,
foomatic/gimp-print drivers, etc, and with an Epson Stylus Photo 700.  And
note that your serial port assignments on the page are correct, modem port is
ttyS0 and printer port is ttyS1.  Thanks again!  One thing conquered, now to
get ALSA to compile.  :^)

NRH