Re: Unidentified subject!

You may be encountering the issue that I (and others) had with the 600
Color (also helped at least one person with a 740),

http://www.flamingspork.com/linux/doc/epson_printers.html

I have a script in /etc/init.d (and appropriate run level stuff) to do
this on bootup (included below). See the site for other people's
experiences. Yes, the web site needs updating - written in the days of
linuxppc 2000, and my email address on it is wrong :)

#!/bin/bash

case "$1" in
        start)
                echo "Setting up printer parameters.."
                stty 230400 raw -echo cstopb < /dev/ttyS1
                stty ixon ixoff < /dev/ttyS1
                ;;
        stop)
                ;;