Boot memory stored sound level

Hi all,

I've got an iBook 900 and I used to have MacOS X on it. I installed
Debian Sid on it (as the only OS) yesterday, but I've got a little
problem. Everything works fine, except than before I booted Linux for
the first time, I had shut down my iBook with the sound muted. And MacOS
X remembers the sound level when you turn your computer off in some kind
of memory from what I've figured.

So now I don't hear any "bong" when my iBook starts, and I have to hit
the mute key before I can hear anything when the computer is up...

So my question is, what do I have to do to restore this ? Can it be done
from Linux ? Thanks for your help.
--
Lucas Moulin <lucas@brebis.org>
"La bêtise, c'est de la paresse." - Jacques Brel